- what do you put on your blog, what not? (everything; respect privacy of your family and others; not telling things that are not yours;…)
- how can blogs touch emotions, help connecting people? Blogging is a system of telling and listening, of passing on personal experiences, of resonating with each other, of interconnecting people who are out of the spotlight. But: how much are you really connected?
- blogs vs. wikis: blogs are (usually) the voice of one person (might be ego-centric, authoritative, seperating); wikis produce a shared space.
- personal vs. informational blogs (this is my life / check what I know).
- blogging enforces to take an opionion on a regular basis, also allows to change your opinion.
- raising your opinion as employee (could change work culture since common problems are there anyway vs. don’t talk about clients or your employer)
- outdated notion of privacy?
- two conflicting instincts: flee (bite) vs. welcome. Blogging might bridge these.
- building knowledge on group processes
- via blogging also little stories can gain visibility (vs. scripted pseudo reality tv shows)